Monday, October 20, 2008

G Salutes Favorite Humans: Nya!

Since my first year in my 30's is coming to close and there are 9 more to go..I wanted to take a moment to salute the humans in my life (and a few robots) that have truly made the last 31 years easier.

Nya Irwin (nee Bunkowsky)

Now this girl knows how to support. You know that blind kind of support that never EVER questions what you're doing? And comes to every single show possible? And spams all HER facebook/hotmail friends to come out to shows? And buys HOW many copies of my album to give to friends as gifts?Did I mention she asked me to play at her wedding?? You know that day where everything has to be perfect and you will remember for the rest of your life? Yeah, she wanted me there. And not in the usual, "i wanna torture you by shoving you in a matching dress and shoes" (although they were the hottest dresses and fiercest shoes i'd ever seen!--just ask Jody) but in the other way that says "I need you at my big day to do what you do best." That meant a lot.

There are many other reasons I heart Nya...but some things a girl has to keep in her heart just for herself (and I need to say something fresh at the special events to come in BOTH of our lives...) but I will say this; actually it's a quote from the great Nya herself about two weeks after us meeting and working together at a grimy bar coat check room..."So..you know when you meet someone, and you just know they are going to make a difference in your life..?" (this is when she very sweetly, with a lil smile, points at me.) *heart melts*.

Yup. That's my NyNy. Love ya, girl. (oh and that awesome dude you married--he's ok) *wink*

g-funk.

No comments: